Monday, February 13, 2012

Winter Glitz Manicure

I do love myself a fancy manicure once in a while but nothing beats customizing your own nails on a whim.  Since it's still fairly cold in New York I have been drawn to darker and bolder colors for my nails. Ever since I got the Sephora by OPI Spark-tacular Top Coat (pictured below) for Christmas, I have been really obsessed with overlaying this Top Coat on all of my nail lacquers.  I loved this topcoat so much I had to continue wearing it after the holiday season.  Who says glitz is only for the holiday season? Not me!  I coupled this top coat with a dark indigo blue nail lacquer (pictured below) and the end product was so much more fantastic than either the dark indigo blue or the sparkles alone. 
Sephora by OPI "Spark-tacular" Top Coat ($9.50),  OPI "Road House Blues" ($8.50)

I started with two coats of the "Road House Blues" color and let my nails dry for at least 5 minutes.  I do this so that the dark base color does not run when I'm applying a top coat with any type of glitter.  For those that  haven't used a glitter top coat before, it can be a little tricky when it comes to equally distributing the glitter on the nail.  It helps to thickly lay the top coat on to adjust the glitter on the nail.  The combination of the two is really amazing and so appropriate for a winter glitz look.  You can see the final look below.




1 comment:

  1. This post inspired me to buy new nail polish and change my purple nail polish to something more sparkly. Going to put up a post about it sometime soon.

    xo Annie
    http://inspiredbythesethoughts.blogspot.com

    PS I added you to my Google reader. :) Keep up the posts!

    ReplyDelete